The 2017 Summit is a proprietary red blend with intense aromas and flavours of cassis, black and red fruits, fresh tobacco, cedar, and distinct minerality.
Product Profile: 2017 Summit
Reviews and Awards
- 2017 Summit - 94 Points - Rick VanSickle
- 2017 Summit - 93 Points - John Szabo, MS
- 2017 Summit - 92 Points - Janet Dorozynski Dip WSET, Ph.D.
- 2016 Summit - 95 Points - Natalie MacLean
- 2016 Summit - 94 Points - John Schreiner
- 2016 Summit Double Gold Wine Press Northwest Platinum Competition
- 2016 Summit - Gold - Cascadia International Wine Competition
- 2016 Summit - 91 Points - Kristof Gillese
- 2014 Summit - 97 Points - Double Gold - San Franciso International Wine Competition
Richly fruity and woody, the 2017 Summit delivers a nose-full of black and blue fruit accented by toasted coconut and coffee bean oak-influence, still youthful and not yet firing on all cylinders. The palate is densely packed with flavour - this is high impact wine to be sure, broad, voluptuous, ambitiously made. Alcohol is high but integrated, while tannins are thick and velvety, supported by sufficient acids. Big, bold, beautiful, balanced, decidedly west coast style red, drink or hold into the late '20s or beyond. 93 Points.
Made from 100% Similkameen Valley fruit, this red blend opens with an aromatic black cherry and floral nose that continues on the medium full-bodied palate with notes of cocoa. Integrated oak and plush tannins round out the package and make for a balanced and seductive wine. 92 Points.