2018 Reserve Syrah
Our 2018 Syrah is a rich, full-bodied wine full of aromas and flavours of blackberry, cracked pepper, violet and fig. Grilled meats and game are the ideal matches.
Product Profile: 2018 Reserve Syrah
Reviews and Awards:
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 92 Points - David Lawrason - WineAlign
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 91 Points - Michael Godel
- 2018 Reserve Syrah - 90 Points - John Szabo, MS
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - 92 points - WineAlign
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - Silver Medal - BC Lieutenant Governors Wine Awards-Okanagan Wine Festival
- 2016 Reserve Syrah - Silver Medal - Okanagan Life Best of BC Wine
Here is a full bodied, quite sleek and mineral syrah with very woodsy, smoky, peppery ambiance - not the big cherry bomb. It is full bodied, quite juicy and acid focused. A real sense of minerality on the finish. Very much leaning to a Rhone Syrah style, not Aussie shiraz. The length is excellent. 92 Points
From fruit out of two vineyards, Lost Horn (Okanagan Falls- glacially deposited rock and includes stony gravel, clay, and sandy loam) and Lazy River (Similkameen Valley - tony, gravelly and silty loams from glacial rock formation). Possessive of a most singular and unique aromatic profile, surely mineral and also toasty, like the charred and blistered skins of tomatoes and red pepper mingling with meat juices on kebabs roasted over charcoal. Lots of gastronomy, grilling flavours and the smokiness that comes from food and fire. Liquid chalky and moderately structured. Drink 2021-2024. 91 Points.